Sunday 17 February 2013

Archie's Girls - MAC

So on Friday, after visiting the Rain Room and having a little lunch at KERB, I ended up going into town. I went with two distinct aims: to buy a water resistant running jacket in advance of my doing the Berlin half marathon in April (I failed on this mission) and to buy a baby present for my friend who's just had a baby boy (I succeeded in this). Somewhere between these two events I ended up being 'distracted' and buying some things I didn't really need for myself. Oops!

As I wandered down Oxford Street I approached Selfridges, and of course I had to go in to have a look at MAC's Archie's Girls collection, which is exclusive to Selfridges until 19th February.

The MAC counter was abuzz with people, seriously busy. Luckily they had all the Archie's Girls products on a display at the front so I didn't have to enter the throng completely. I spent a few minutes there until my hand looked like some sort of chameleon zebra due to all the swatches. I naturally gravitated towards the dark, seductive tones of the Veronica items over the cute girl-next-door Betty ones.

I picked up Daddy's Little Girl Lipstick and the Strawberry Malt Lipglass (I got the very last one - my lucky day!)




The packaging is really cute, inspired by the comic-book style, and very different to MAC's usual look. But I like it a lot!



The lipglass is a pretty classic red, which I think will be very wearable and hard to go wrong with. I really love the colour of the lipstick - it actually swatches a lot pinker than it's rather purple appearance would suggest.

I tried the lipglass this afternoon: I used quite a restrained amount as I was only going to the cinema and didn't want to look too done up. It applies really easily and the colour is lovely - and it will work both as a touch of colour as I did this afternoon or as a more bold look with greater application, so it's pretty versatile. It has good lasting power and isn't so sticky that your hair is constantly getting stuck to it! I'm a real fan of it. I'd only tried the Lustreglass from MAC before but this is more wearable on an everyday basis.

When the Archie's Girls collection is finally released I imagine it'll be popular - so get in there quick! I have the 'misfortune' of walking past a department store with a MAC counter twice a day on my commute to and from work and I can see myself being seduced by another lipglass or two.

During my shopping trip I was also 'distracted' by some Illamasqua nail polishes. Review to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to get my hands on some of the lip products from this collection for ages, didn't realise it was exclusive to Selfridges for the first couple of weeks. love both shades you've got there, MAC is my go to for lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're only in Selfridges here right now, but I think the collection has been out in the USA for a couple of weeks already. Some of the Betty lip colours were nice too, but mostly very sheer. The Veronicas are bolder!

      Delete
  2. I love this collection :) such cute packaging but I can't bring myself to spend the money !!
    You've got a great blog and I'd love you to come on over to mine: www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk and would love it if we could follow each other :)

    ReplyDelete