I'd never heard of Helen É before, although the brand has been around since 1999, and are apparently the official make up of Miss England. Clearly I don't watch enough beauty pageants.
Things I really liked:
- It's fragrance free. I never really understand why lipsticks are fragranced - it's pointless and it's just another thing that's going to dry your skin out
- It is pretty moisturising
- The brand have a strict no animal testing policy
Things I quite liked:
- The texture is nice and glides on easily
Things I thought were a bit 'meh':
- The colour: brownish-red. Not something I would normally chose but as a brunette I think it just about works
- The packaging is not the most inspired or exciting
Things I didn't like:
- The colour coverage started to look uneven really quickly (within a couple of hours) despite the fact that I wasn't eating/drinking/smoking (the picture below was taken as soon as I applied it). I think to get the best results you would probably have to use a lip primer and/or lip liner on your lips before application. For me that is just way too much hassle - when it comes to make up it has to be easy or I just won't bother!
You can probably tell by the slightly bemused expression dancing across my lips that I'm not particularly enthusiastic about this lipstick, despite the fact that there were a few things I did like about it. But I think if a different colour had appeared in my Glossybox I would have enjoyed using it a lot more.
Helen É Long Lasting Lip Colour in Sienna RRP £8.00